Thursday 18 April 2019

Summer Migrants arriving

Over the last couple of days I've managed to add 3 new species to the "year list" as this year's summer migrants have been arriving.

The first new species is Pied Flycatcher. My first record of 2019 came yesterday, when I saw 1 male at Barbrook Plantation. This morning I saw another 3 at Padley Gorge (all males), and managed to get a few nice photos. Here are 2 heavily cropped examples.


Pied Flycatcher

Whilst at Padley I also managed to see a couple of male Redstarts (no photos unfortunately). My last stop was RSPB Eastern Moors, where I spotted a male Wheatear by Barbrook Cottage, and this very obliging Meadow Pipit (not a summer migrant or new for the year, but very nice). 

Meadow Pipit

Year List update:
138 – Pied Flycatcher
139 – Redstart
140 – Wheatear

No comments:

Post a Comment