Monday 15 April 2019

Attenborough Nature Reserve - 15th April 2019

I haven't been to Attenborough Nature Reserve near Nottingham for several years, so when I heard that a pair of Ferruginous Ducks were present, and "showing well", I thought I'd have a drive down. The ducks were, as promised, very confiding, swimming around the bridge by the Visitors' Centre, allowing some great views and photographs.

Male Ferruginous Duck

Female Ferruginous Duck

Whilst there I also managed another 2 "year ticks"; Cetti's Warbler and Red-crested Pochard.

Red-crested Pochard (pair)

When the sun came out I also got a couple of "butterfly ticks"; Small White and Speckled Wood, along with my first ever Tawny Mining Bee.

Small White (female)

Speckled Wood

Tawny Mining Bee (female)

Year List update:
135 – Cetti’s Warbler
136 – Ferruginous Duck
137 – Red-crested Pochard

No comments:

Post a Comment