Saturday 16 February 2013

Colour ringed Herring Gull

I've just returned from a week in France with school. On the return journey we stopped off at the Nausicaa sealife centre in Boulogne where, feeding on scraps in the car park, I came across this colour-ringed Herring Gull. I've sent the record off to the BTO and will update this blog as soon as I hear back.
 
Herring Gull 5W
 
Close up of the rings.
 
Also feeding in the area were dozens of Black-headed Gulls and a couple of beautiful  Mediterranean Gulls (year tick).

Year List:

79 - Mediterranean Gull

Update: News from the BTO that this Herring Gull was ringed as a pullus in Holland in July 2007. The first sighting was in the harbour in Boulogne in October 2007 and it has been recorded there every year since. There has only been 1 record of this bird back in Holland, in March 2008, but it was back in France the following week.

9 comments:

  1. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    cash for cars melbourne city
    Cash for cars melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for cars rocklea
    cash for scrap cars rocklea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    car scrappers sydney
    scrap my car sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car Yard Canberra is a top scrap car buyer. We have a licensed scrap car yard in Canberra, where we salvage and recycle all makes and models of cars, vans, Utes, SUVs, trucks, and 4WDs.
    Car Yard Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wreckers Adelaide, we'll pay you with the best cash offers in Adelaide to wreck your car. We are the Adelaide Car Wreckers who buy everything from cars.
    wreckers Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get Quick Cash for Cars Logan Area for your scrap, old, damaged, unwanted, and junk cars. We offer Same-day, Doorstep & Free Car Removal Services in Logan.
    cash for cars logan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We pay cash for unwanted cars in Edmonton. We offer the highest cash for unwanted cars, Specializing in all types of unwanted vehicles.
    cash for unwanted cars

    ReplyDelete
  8. We buy cars Melbourne-wide. If you're like the hundreds of car owners in Melbourne, Geelong, and regional centers across Victoria who've wondered.
    we buy cars melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thumbs up to Geelong Car Removal! Made the entire process simple and convenient. Definitely recommend their services.

    ReplyDelete