Saturday 16 March 2024

Linacre - 16th March 2024

 This morning I had a quick walk around Linacre, to see if I could find my first spring migrants. I was in luck, with my first singing Chiffchaffs (4 birds in total) This was also my 131rd species of the year. Species 129, Lesser Redpoll, was seen in  the garden on 2nd March, and 130, Little Owl, was seen in Holmesfield.

Whilst at Linacre, I also spotted the Mute Swan, 6Y24, present now for  nearly a month, and enjoying some seed on the middle reservoir. 

6Y24

I didn't do a full circuit this morning, so I didn't get a full count of birds seen, but 1 Cormorant was noteworthy, as were 3 Great-spotted Woodpeckers chasing, calling and drumming and 1 Common Buzzard, along with several birds in good voice: Blue and Great Tit, Wren, Nuthatch, Robin, Song Thrush and Dunnock.

No comments:

Post a Comment