Saturday 15 July 2023

The Gulls are Back!!

 Late this morning, I had a drive across to Rufford for the first visit since March, looking for the returning Black-headed Gulls.

I was in luck, with 20 birds (all adults) seen on the main lake, including the first darvic-ringed bird of the autumn, 293A! This bird was ringed at Center Parcs, as an adult, in December 2021, and was last seen in February 2022. No breeding season sightings have been reported, yet.

293A

Whilst there, Jayne and I had a walk around and spotted some good insects as well: Common Dater (1, my first of the year), Blue-tailed Damselfly, Emerald Damselfly (1, also my first of the year), a Hawker sp, Comma (4), Small White (10+), Red Admiral (1), Peacock (1) and Gatekeeper (1 being eaten by a female Blackcap!). We also had Swallows and House Martins over the lake.

Common Dater

No comments:

Post a Comment