Sunday 17 July 2022

The gulls are back!!

 I went to Rufford CP yesterday for my first gull trip of the autumn/winter. There were c55 Black-headed Gulls present (2 juveniles) and a single Lesser Black-backed Gull (1st summer?). 

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Unfortunately, I didn't spot any darvic (colour-ringed) birds, but I did spot an adult metal-ringed Black-headed Gull, with the number FN91.593. It appears to be a Polish bird, and a record has been sent off, so I'll update the blog as soon as I get the information back.

FN91.593

Also present were: Greylag and Canada Geese, Mallard, Swallows and House Martins. 2 male Banded Demoiselles were also see.

UPDATE: The gull was Polish, and it had been ringed, as a pullus, in Warsaw, on 17th June 2018, a distance of 1509km away.

No comments:

Post a Comment