Tuesday 27 October 2020

Nottinghamshire Gulls - 27th October 2020

 Following on from yesterday's "Gull Tour" around Derbyshire, today I did the same around Rufford CP and Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire.

My first stop was Rufford, where, despite horizontal rain (!) and a chilly wind, I managed to see 5 darviced Black-headed Gulls, including two which were new to me. The familiar birds were 217A, 246A and P519 (click on the bird's labels for details of these birds). 

217A

246A

P519

The 2 new birds were 258A and a 1st winter bird (born this year) with the ring number JO116. 258A is one of "our" birds, ringed by Sorby Breck and Birklands Ringing Group, at the start of 2020 (full details to come), but I couldn't find the project for JO116, on the colour ringing website. I'm pretty sure it is a Norwegian bird. Details have been sent off, so I'll update as soon as I hear back.

258A

JO116

After Rufford, I drove across to Clumber Park. There were about 50 birds present (plus 2 Lesser Black-backed Gulls), but unfortunately no darvics.

No comments:

Post a Comment