Tuesday 19 February 2019

Linacre Nestboxes

This week is the BTO's National Nestbox Week, so I decided to go down to Linacre to check on our nestboxes, and make sure that they are all as they were at the end of last year's breeding season. In total, we have 90 boxes in and around Linacre; 84 tit boxes, 5 "owl" boxes and a "Little Owl" box, so I was on site for 3 hours.

Most of the boxes were fine, but several had lost their lids over the winter, and one was found laying on the floor. Thankfully, I'd taken my repair kit with me, so all the boxes are now back in place ready for the birds, and this year's BTO's Nest Recording Scheme.

Whilst on site I recorded a few birds, including my first Red Kite since 2014 (!), the first 2019 Linacre record of Canada Geese (a pair) and a pair of Stock Dove inspecting one of the nest boxes!!

Canada Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment