Tuesday 22 November 2016

Linacre Shag - one year and counting...

Last November, on the 21st,  I was lucky enough to find a couple of Shags at Linacre, my first ever record at this site. Over the next few hours, the number of birds increased to 8 (!), 3 of which stayed until the start of 2016. 2 were present until March, when unfortunately, 1 bird was found dead, attached to some discarded fishing line. The final bird has remained all year, and so 21st November 2016 marked the first anniversary of its discovery. Here are 2 pictures taken in poor light at 4pm this afternoon as the bird swam close to the dam wall of the middle reservoir.


Shag

Let's hope it stays into 2017 now!!

1 comment:

  1. our class project. By the way, I like the way you write.
    Major with! however I'm owning a few trouble trying toward load your blog. I have comprehend it many times before with never gotten something approximating this, nevertheless now when I test near load amazing it just takes a little while (5-10 minutes ) plus then just stops. I anticipate i don't have spyware or
    http://purenitrateadvice.com/male-maximus/

    ReplyDelete