Friday 25 April 2014

Year List update

I've had a chance to "tick" a few birds over the last couple of days, so I thought I'd update the old "Year List" with the new additions.

The first two species; Stonechat and Pied Flycatcher, were both seen last night at the National Trust's Padley Gorge. The Stonechats, a pair, were seen on the moor side at the top of the gorge, whilst the Pied Flycatcher, a male, was heard singing in the woods and seen visiting one of the nest boxes.

When I got home, I looked at the sightings page of the Sheffield Bird Study Group, and saw that a Grasshopper Warbler had been heard "reeling" at the pond on the nearby Longshaw Estate, so I popped across this morning to pick it up. I arrived at 6.30am, and heard it straight away. Afterwards I went down to Linacre to check the nest boxes, and saw my first House Martin of the year.

Year List update:
136 – Stonechat
137 – Pied Flycatcher
138 – Grasshopper Warbler
139 – House Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment