Sunday 30 March 2014

Chiffchaff ringing

Following on from last week's blog about my first Chiffchaff sightings of the year, today I was out ringing with The Group, and I managed to ring my first Chiffchaff of 2014.


Chiffchaff
 
Our session this morning took place at the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust's Avenue Washlands site near Chesterfield. In total we caught and ringed 3 different Chiffchaffs (all aged as 5s; born last year). These were the only summer migrants of the day, but we did see and hear 2 Bramblings, and I also added a new species to the Year List; 2 Stock Doves that were investigating an owl box.
 
Year List update:
114 - Stock Dove
 
As well as the Chiffchaffs, I also managed to ring the following birds (new/retrap):
 
 Great-spotted Woodpecker 1/0, Great Tit 1/1, Greenfinch 0/1 and Reed Bunting 1/0.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment