Saturday 7 January 2012

Linacre - 7th January 2012

I didn't manage to get down to Linacre this morning as I was helping a friend out with a survey of a local churchyard. so I popped down this afternnon for a short, hour long walk. Despite the short visit I still managed some good sightings including 5 Linnet feeding on the wall of the top reservoir, a female Sparrowhawk which spooked the 36 Black-headed Gulls and 4 Goosander (3 males and 1 female), my first since March 2010.

Goosander (male on left)


Other birds present today were: Mallard (127), Goldeneye (1 immature male), Coot (5), Moorhen (4), Tufted Duck (20), Great-crested Grebe (1), Mandarin Duck (1 male) and Grey Heron (2).

4 additions to the Year List were:

49 – Linnet
50 –Goosander
51 - Jackdaw
52 - Goldcrest






No comments:

Post a Comment