Monday 2 May 2011

Linacre - 2nd May 2011 Little Grebe's nest

After our walk around the reservoirs yesterday I thought I'd spotted a Little Grebe's nest on the bottom reservoir, but without my scope, I couldn't be sure. For this reason, therefore, I popped back this morning for a quick look and then lo and behold there it was, slap bang in the middle of the bottom reservoir on top of the green barley rafts put in the water to stop the growth of blue green algae!

When I arrived, the nest was empty and had been covered over by the adult bird, as she had left to feed.


A short while later, however, the adult bird returned and began to uncover the eggs...


before settling down to continue the incubation!


Another adult bird, part of this pair presumably, was spotted close by so good luck to them both and I'll keep you informed of any developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment