Sunday 8 September 2024

Rufford Gulls - 3rd September 2024

 Last Tuesday was the last day of the summer holidays, so I popped to Rufford to get my first September visit to the Black-headed Gulls. I recorded 7 of "our" gulls and a new Lithuanian-ringed bird, a juvenile.

Our gulls were: 258A (my 35th sighting), 293A (my 31st sighting), 297A (my 11th sighting), 283B (my 4th sighting),  205C (my 2nd sighting), 207C (my 18th sighting) and 258C (my 11th sighting).

The Lithuanian-ringed gull, a juvenile with the metal ring HA60.507, was hanging around with the other gulls. I sent off the record, but, unfortunately, it hasn't been registered with the Lithuanian Ringing Scheme yet, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to find out where and when it was ringed! Until then, here is a photo.



HA60.507

Other birds seen were: 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull (1st summer/2nd year?), c30 Canada Geese, 4 Greylag Geese, Mallard, Tufted Duck, a Kingfisher (my first record here) and a very interesting-looking hybrid goose.

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Hybrid goose

No comments:

Post a Comment