Saturday 31 December 2022

Linacre - 31st December 2022

 I hadn't got anything else on today, so I had my last visit of 2022 to Linacre this afternoon. I was there from 1.15pm to 2.45pm in grey, overcast conditions with rain on and off, and a temperature of 11 degrees.

As expected, it was quite quiet, but the following birds were seen: 148 Mallard, 30 Tufted Duck, 29 Mandarin Duck, 15 Moorhen, 10 Coot, 7 Black-headed Gulls, 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull (unusual December record), 1 Great-crested Grebe, 1 female Goosander, 3 Little Grebe ( a good count for December), 1 Cormorant and 1 Grey Wagtail.

Woodland birds were far and few between, the highlight being a single "wheeting" Chiffchaff! The total number of species recorded at Linacre this year has been 68.

This will be the last post of 2022, so Happy New Year to all my followers and here's to a bird-filled 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment