Thursday 6 January 2022

Gulls - 5th January 2022

 Yesterday (5th) I spent the day at Center Parcs, near Rufford, trying to catch some new Black-headed Gulls for the darvic-ringing scheme being run by Sorby Breck Ringing Group. Unfortunately, the gulls weren't "playing ball", so none were ringed. I did, however, manage to read a Mute Swan ring, W17370, a bird, I'd previously seen at Rufford on 13th December 2020. I also added a few more "year ticks": Siskin, Coal Tit and Great-spotted Woodpecker

W17370

Afterwards, I went across to Rufford CP for half an hour, and managed to spot a few ringed birds, including a new (for me), Norwegian- ringed bird, JZ48. 

JZ48

Although a new bird for me (and Rufford), it had been reported a few times at Center Parcs (December 2020, November and December 2021), after being ringed, as an adult, in Norway, on 11th May 2016. Other birds seen were: EUM3, V77K and EL87245.

86 - Siskin

87 - Coal Tit

88 - Great-spotted Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment