Saturday 10 July 2021

Yorkshire Sculpture Park - 10th July 2021

 Jayne and I were at Yorkshire Sculpture Park today. After a misty start, the sun came out and we ended up with a few insect species. By far the most numerous butterfly seen was the Ringlet butterfly, with 20+ present, including one breeding pair. The other butterfly species species seen were Large Skipper and  Meadow BrownCommon Blue and Blue-tailed Damselflies were also seen as was a male Black-tailed Skimmer.

Common Blue Damselflies

Large Skipper

Black-tailed Skipper

As well as the insects, we also saw a Little Egret, a Kingfisher and a darvic-ringed Mute Swan (Y736). The swan was paired and appeared to have at least 4 cygnets. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see see the legs of the other swan to see if it was ringed. I know that the bird was ringed by Sorby Breck ringing Group, and I'll update when I get details of where and when it was ringed.

Mute Swan Y736

No comments:

Post a Comment