Wednesday 12 August 2020

Rufford Gulls - 11th August 2020

 I spent a couple of hours at Rufford CP yesterday. There were about 100 Black-headed Gulls present, and, surprising, approximately 80 Lesser Black-backed Gulls

The temperature was a very warm 27 degrees, so most of the birds were sitting around on the water, and weren't particularly interested in coming into bread. Eventually, after about 2 hours I spotted 2 darviced gulls: 230A and 247A.

I've seen both of these birds before at Rufford. 230A is a regular bird (see labels 230A), whilst 247A was one that I've only seen on one occasion before (see here). I'm sure I'll see them both around over the following winter period.

230A

247A

As well as the gulls, I also saw a male Banded Demoiselle, which was my first record there.

No comments:

Post a Comment