Sunday 18 February 2018

Canada Goose AAAH

At the start of February (10th to be exact) I spotted a colour ringed Canada Goose swimming on the River Wye in Bakewell. The colour ring was AAAH (white writing on a red ring), and, after a quick internet search, I found out that it had been ringed in NW England. I sent off an email and heard back today that the bird in question had been ringed, as an adult female, in Bowness-on-Windermere on 2nd July 2013 (see link here).  The next sighting of this bird was in Bakewell on 29th September 2014, and it was then reported in Rowsley on 26th December 2015 and in Bakewell on 8th August 2017, 14th January 2018, 10th February (my sighting), and again by me, yesterday (17th February). The bird seemed settled in a small group of approximately 10 birds, so it might well hang around.

AAAH on 10th Feb 2018

AAAH on 17th Feb 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment