Tuesday 27 October 2015

Linacre in the Mist

I'd seen the weather forecast was set for mist and fog, but I thought I'd have a short walk around Linacre anyway. When I arrived, this is what greeted me!

Great view!!

I decided not to walk around, but instead stood on the dam wall  by the middle reservoir for about half an hour, to see what I could hear! Surprisingly, in that short space of time I heard, but didn't see, the following species: Kingfisher, Wren, Grey Heron, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Blue and Great Tit, Nuthatch, Grey Wagtail and Mandarin Duck.

As I was leaving, the fog had lifted enough for me to make out  a few species, including 9 Black-headed Gulls (made up of 7 adults and  a couple of 1st winter birds, like this one), half a dozen Mallards, 2 Coots and a Grey Wagtail that was feeding in the overflow channel. Not too bad, for a very misty start.

Black-headed Gull (1st winter)

No comments:

Post a Comment