Sunday 2 December 2012

Rain stops play..... nearly!

When we arrived at Linacre this morning the skies were pretty dark and the rain was coming down. We decided to stay put for half an hour and thank goodness we did, because very soon the rain stopped and the birds began to arrive in the nets. Over the next 4 hours we caught 40 birds of 10 different species (Blue, Great, Coal and Willow Tit, Nuthatch, Dunnock, Robin, Chaffinch, Jay, Blackbird and  including my favourite birds of the day; 2 new Jays.

My personal totals were (new/retraps): Nuthatch 0/1, Coal Tit 0/1, Blue Tit 1/1, Great Tit 2/2, Robin 1/1, Chaffinch 2/0.

Other birds noted around the site today included: Long-tailed Tit, Common Buzzard 1 being mobbed by a Crow, Redwing (overhead).

Sorry for the lack of photos recently, but I'm struggling to uplaod at the moment without having to pay for extra storage. Hopefully, I'll get it sorted soon and bring you some more of my lovely photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment