Sunday 19 February 2012

Iceland Gull success!!

Following Friday's failed attempt at finding a "white winger" at Poolsbrook CP I was very lucky to get a second chance, this time at North Shields Fish Quay near Newcastle. This trip was a lot more successful and I managed to see 2 birds, an adult and a juvenile!

The adult bird, my first, was a very easy find as it flew past the car before we'd even got out! I managed to follow the bird to the top of the fish quay where I got a quick record shot, before it flew off again!

Iceland Gull (adult) Note the white wings.

Unfortunately it didn't sit still so I didn't manage to get any more shots. I did, however, find and photograph the juvenile bird, which was also sat on the roof of the Fish Quay.

Iceland Gull (juvenile)

Other birds present were: Great Black-backed Gull, Black-headed Gull, Herring Gull, Eider Duck (year tick), Cormorant and Shag (year tick).

The Year List moves on by 3 more species:

86 – Iceland Gull
87 – Shag
88 – Eider Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment