Before I write this blog, I need to clarify something about the title. I was at Linacre this morning, and saw MY first ever Green Sandpiper. It may not be the first ever record, as I was contacted last week by someone, who said they'd seen two there last week. Also, one of the volunteers (Pete) said he, and another volunteer (Antony) had, also seen a "sandpiper" on the top reservoir last week. Despite this, I was very pleased to get my first record.
Green Sandpiper
Other species seen were: Lapwing (8 flew in, and landed briefly - the first record since 2023, and the first to land since 2011!!!), Mallard (103), Tufted Duck (30), Mandarin Duck (20), Black-headed Gull (4 juvenile/1st winter birds), Lesser Black-backed Gull (2 adults), Moorhen (6; 5 adults and 1 juvenile), Coot (2 adults) and Cormorant (8).
Lapwings
7 of the 8 Cormorants
No comments:
Post a Comment