After my trip to see the Buff-breasted Sandpiper, I drove up to South Gare, near Redcar (where I'd twitched a Brown Booby back in 2023 (see here). This time, I wasn't after anything in particular, so I had a couple of hours sitting, overlooking the Tees estuary.
There were several (10+) Sandwich Terns flying around, along with a smaller number of "commic", most likely Arctic Terns, a single Kittiwake, Herring Gulls, 5+ Guillemots, Linnets, Black-headed and a couple of Common Gulls.
Common Gull
A few wader species were also spotted: Dunlin (30+), Redshank (6), Oystercatchers (4) and, most importantly, a "year tick" 6 Bar-tailed Godwit (181).
Bar-tailed Godwit and friend!
A single seal was seen, and I'm pretty sure, its a Common/Harbour Seal. Here's a head-shot.
Common/Harbour Seal
Driving down the coast to Redcar, I had a quick stop at the beach car park and photographed a few Starlings that were hopping around.
Juvenile Starlings
Adult Starling (winter plumage)
No comments:
Post a Comment