Before we came away, a good friend shared an excellent place to see Stone Curlew, so yesterday afternoon, I set out to have a look at the spot for myself.
I found the spot easily, and was very pleased that the site was easily accessible. Unfortunately, there was a very strong heat haze, so I didn't see any curlews on that occasion. I did, however, had great views of another Wheatear, and amazing 3 Hobbies (including 1 that was catching and eating dragonflies on the wing!). There were also 10+ Graylings, Red Admirals and a single Wall Brown butterfly. Afterwards, I drove across to Westleton Heath, where I managed to spot a single Dartford Warbler (183), a male Muntjac Deer and a family of Stonechats.
I went back to the Stone Curlew (184) site (part of RSPB Minsmere), again this morning, with Jayne, and within a few minutes of arriving (at 5.30am!) we saw 3 birds, and managed a very distant, heavily cropped photograph.
No comments:
Post a Comment