Tuesday 27 July 2021

Bakewell Gulls

 I had my first trip to Bakewell today to see if there were any returning Black-headed Gulls. There were!

In total, there were about 30/40 birds, including a good number of juveniles. There were also lots of people (!), so it took me over two hours before I found my first ringed bird, a metal-ringed adult bird from Finland. Unfortunately, I only managed to get 4 digits of its ring, T321, so I won't be able to find out where or when it was ringed.

_ T321 _ _?

The second bird I saw was a British-ringed bird, EW97345, a familiar face! It had been ringed in Boston, Lincolnshire, on 9th January 2010, and was first seen in Bakewell, by me, on 1st September 2018. It was then seen here in July and September 2019 and August 2020.

EW97345

No comments:

Post a Comment