Saturday 6 April 2024

Linacre WeBS - 6th April 2024

 The second visit to Linacre this week was this morning, when I carried out this month's WeBS count. It was 13 degrees when I arrived at 7am, and this had risen to 17 degrees (!) by the time I left at 9am.

In the two hours that I was there the following waterbirds were seen: Mallard (47), Tufted Duck (17), Mandarin (12), Canada Geese (2), Mute Swan (1 - 6Y24), Moorhen (10), Coot (4), Cormorant (1), Great-crested Grebe (6; 3 pairs, 1 on each reservoir) and Lesser Black-backed Gull (4).

Mandarin Duck

Lots of birds were singing in the sunshine, including 8 Chiffchaffs, 1 Willow Warbler, 1 Blackcap 1 Skylark and 3 Song Thrushes. Other birds seen were: Sparrowhawk (1 high over the woodlands), 3 Stock Doves and my first Swallow of the year (hurrah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment