Sunday 14 January 2024

Year List Update - 14th January 2024

This weekend, I managed to add another 4 species to my "Year List" for 2024, taking my total so far this year to 101.

The first new addition was Barn Owl (98), when I was spotted whilst driving across to Center Parcs for some gull ringing. The second bird was Great Grey Shrike (99) that Jayne and I saw up at Ramsley Reservoir in the afternoon. It was quite distant, and the sky was grey, but I managed a record shot.

Great Grey Shrike

Late this morning, Jayne and I drove across to Ogston Reservoir, where we added two new species. The first, and my 100th of the year, was Brambling (100) - a stunning male. I love this shot, a bit different!

Brambling

The final bird was a Water Rail (101), that came out of the reeds to feed under the feeders briefly.


Water Rail

No comments:

Post a Comment