Sunday 9 April 2023

Linacre Insects - 8th April 2023

 The sun was out again yesterday, and the temperature rose to 15 degrees, so I popped down to Linacre for a few hours looking for the first butterflies of the year. Whilst on site (1.30 - 3.30pm) I managed to see 4 species.

The first species of the year was Comma, with 6 seen. The second species was Peacock, with again 6 seen. I got a brief fly by from a "white butterfly", which may have been an Orange Tip. The final species seen was Small Tortoiseshell, with 2 seen. 

Comma

Peacock

In addition, I also had a very brief view of a possible Orange Underwing moth. Unfortunately, I only saw it once, and can't confirm the identification, but it was in exactly the same spot as my previous sighting in 2021 (see here).Dark-edged Bee-flies were also seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment