Thursday 28 January 2021

Black-headed Gull 5471338

 No, I haven't been out breaking any lockdown rules in order to see some new gulls, the bird in the title is one that I recorded back in September 2019 (!) at Rufford, and the results of where and when it  was ringed have just come back.

When I spotted the bird, a first winter, I could see that its metal ring had the word Germany stamped on it. After quite a few photos I managed to get the whole ring number and sent off details.

Black-headed Gull 5471338

Anyway, the results show that the bird was ringed, as a pullus, on 6th June 2019, 544km away on an inland lake called Auesee Nue in Wesel, Dusseldorf. My sighting was the first since ringing. It was a good sighting as this was my first German-ringed Black-headed Gull.

No comments:

Post a Comment